iCandy's Glam Bag Review by Ipsy.com - January 2013

iCandy's Glam Bag Review by Ipsy.com - January 2013
This review is coming a bit late from a shipping incident  nothing that was Ipsy's fault, it had to do with address changes and confusion on my part as to how the Ipsy My Glam bags were shipped. I thought they came UPS but it seems like the UPS is switched somehow to USPS O.o I dunno! but anyhow.. I finally got my Ipsy Bag in for January in the start of February by the time I got my replacement. I contacted Ipsy and they happily sent me another bag since my first would have been returned to address.  Crazy!

For those of you who dont know what Ipsy is service where each month for $10 dollars a month small bag of beauty products is sent to your home in what they call a Glam Bag with deluxe samples and fulled sized beauty products. You also join into the Ipsy community where you can share your favorite products and looks, styles and fashion. Its well worth it and a great way to be introduces to new items.   Check out this video by Michelle Phan who created MyGlam (click here)

Well onto the My Glam bag and my thoughts on it!
100% Pure Argan Oil by Josie Maran - This 100% Pure Argan Oil is a legendary oil that's rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, and grown organically in Morocco. With its multitasking benefits, Argan Oil can be used for many areas including hydrating and nourishing skin as a daily moisturizer, skin treatment, treating spilt ends, and softening cuticles. It's gentle enough to use on all skin types.

I try and stay away from oil as I do have oily skin, mostly my face and my hair. I did start using this stuff on my dry legs during the cold months, and I really loved it on my skin, especially after just shaving mt legs. I actually preferred the oil over the usual moisturizer  I like how it absorbed into my skin and somehow feel less greasy after then a moisturizer. With the bottle size in the My Glam bag I find Im going through it pretty fast using it on my legs twice a day.
Straight up Nail Lacquer by Nailtini.  - You can’t go wrong with a classic, all the way to your fingertips. These two are the all-time best selling Nailtini nail lacquers. Whether the glossy true-red of bloody mary or the hint-of-pink of frappe, your tips and toes are classic perfection anytime.
I really liked the last Nailtini color we got in the November 2012 Part perfect bag. See my Video on that Here. This new color was classic and sassy, and you could get it in one of two colors and I happened to get red lacquer called Bloody Mary. One coat is enough, the pigment in this is great! I was afraid at first with how 'loud' a color it was, but once I put it on I felt like a classic lady!  The color seems to last well through the days, even when doing house hold chores like dishes. Its nice to have a polish that doesn't chip easily, iam becoming a fan of the Nailtini brand.

Brush by SOHO.- I got the “Get a Grip” Crease Brush 
Create the perfect eye with the Get a Grip Crease Brush. This brush was very loose and fluffy which makes it seem like a blending brush to me, as it doesn't really feel like it gives you a whole lot of control for more precise and spot on shadow application. But it may just be that im not sure how its used. But it is making for a very great blending brush! I use it after I apply the dark color after the light and blend it all in for a smokey effect! it makes it pretty easy. I didn't have a blending brush before this, so im glad to have gotten it :)

Sexy Hair - Spray & Play Volumizing Hairspray. Your everyday spray for BIG volume! Spray & Play is a humidity resistant, flexible hold hairspray that provides fullness, lift and incredible shine! Perfect for all hair types.
I am not a hairspray person, in fact when it comes to hair I am really low maintenance. I have a short-styled hair cut and I generally just let my hair air dry after a shower. My husband is always bugging me to do something with my hair. I did try this though! I gotta say, it really works O.o the hair spray seems pretty damn strong, just a small bit and my hair was stiff stuck in place! I imagine though would be wonderful with people that have thick hair, for me though it may have been over kill. I did not enjoy how heavy and sticky it made my hair feel, but Im terrible at wielding a hair drying and round brush and making volume and I have the worst time knowing how to apply hair product correctly. I may try and give it a few more tries though, see if I cant figure it all out.

Pacifica - Tuscan Blood Orange Mini Body Butter - Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter is not only a highly effective antioxidant rich moisturizer that nourishes the driest of skin and helps fight off the signs of aging; it nourishes your other senses as well. The infusion of sparkling, juicy blood oranges that are highlighted with notes of red raspberry and spicy sweet Italian Mandarins take you to the beaches of the Mediterranean. Made with nature’s best moisturizers - Shea butter, almond oil and safflower oil.

This stuff was delicious yummy! it smells so good and I love how it rubs into my skin. Mostly it makes me hungry! I was very pleased with this products and id probably look into more moisturizers by them when I run out. It came at a great time too, during the cold dry season when my legs get so itchy! Ill use it when I run out of the Argan Oil!


Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. iCandy - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger