Plan B Burger Bar

Currently my new favorite burger restaurant,  Plan B Burger Bar! I went there with my husband and our good friends, our favorite restaurant cruising companions, a couple who has introduced us to many great places.  However, this place we all tried together for the first time. I was not disappointed. The name however I dont get, as "plan B" to means implies second best to someone else, and this is certainly a "plan A" location for good eats!
  


The restaurant had a really great atmosphere, which we were looking forward to. The other fancy burger place we were going to recently is called Corey's Catsup and Mustard, but the restaurant is rather cramped, not many tables, and usually a very long wait to get any food. The burgers are good but the inconvenience is enough to have us look elsewhere. I looked at the online menu for Plan B and was really enthused for what I saw, original ideas with what seemed many 'in house' made flavors and ideas. One such appetizer was amazing, and I do not mean this lightly!

Our friends were kind enough to share these American Nachos  - House Made Potato Chips topped with  Chili, Red Onion, Tomatoes, Jalapeños,  & American Cheese Sauce. I took pictures. Your could tell by sight and taste that these potato chips were cut and deep fried in house. At first the idea confused me, nachos are supposed to be with corn tortillas? Well why not potato chips? Many people put all kinds of toppings on baked potatoes, and thats what this reminded me of but ten times better! The whole group was enthralled by these chips! If you go here and do not order this dish, then you are a fool!


As for the main meal, there were SO many things on the menu I would have loved to try, but thats good as its all the more reason to go back. I opted for something that seemed traditional, but considering it came with its own speciality mayo, it seemed like a good base to start with for a food quality assessment of Plan B. I got the Bacon Cheese burger  - American Cheese, Bacon, Caramelized Onions, Garlic Mayo. The menu says "all of our beef burgers are cut from 100% verified humane, fresh, never frozen, wet-aged whole chucks and hand-ground on premises daily" And I have to say, it tastes that way! 

But I recommend you get your burger with "no pink" as it turns out the "some pink" option means more or less raw in the middle. My husband had to send his back for a 'no pink' I saw his burger and it was raw meat inside. Our friend also was not to happy with his raw 'some pink' burger and didn't finish it. However, my husbands second burger was much more to his liking and he was pleased  and it did not change his perceptions of the restaurant.

Each burger comes with your Choice of Fancy Fries or Organic Mixed Greens. "Fancy fries" are basically coated in salt that is infused with rosemary but the taste is very very subtle. We got into a conversation on wether we were given regular fries over the "fancy fries" we asked for. But regardless of the rosemary unfused salt, they were very good fries! 




In all I was very pleased and eager to go back! The night was followed up with some Frozen Yogurt, see my blog post about TCBY ( The county's best yogurt)
Blog Post about TCBY can he found HERE

Candy Recommended 4/5 rating!
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. iCandy - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger