Chucks Margarita Grill



This is one of my favorite mexican restaurants! Actually, I suppose is the only mexican restaurant I care about. It is a combination mexican and steak house restaurant, according to the website, it explains the building was originally a working dairy farm and if you saw it, you would see why! it was clearly once a barn of some kind, which makes it charming and rustic. It was first called Chucks Steak House, but eventually a mexican menu and the name soon transformed. (website here!)

I have heard people say this mexican food is not all that authentic and that it is americanized, but I love it! They start you out with corn chips that are warm and seem fresh out of the fryer, though I am not sure if they are home made or just warmed under a heat light, but they are always delicious and above standard of a regular store bought corn chip, and their salsa is excellent! A great starter snack while you wait and look over the menu!





Ive tried a number of things on the menu, but my all time favorite thing probably what might be considered a mexican stand by, a ground beef burrito, otherwise named on the menu as Chucks Burrito Grande - Choice of seasoned ground beef, chicken or tender chunks of sirloin with refritos in a four tortilla, topped with cheese, house made red chili sauce and served with sour cream. I always go for the ground beef. Its one of those situations where I dont go often enough, so by the time I go back I want the same thing, because I have been craving it!




I also tried with my husband an appetizer of Potato Skins - Six potato skins loaded with cheese and bacon. Served with sour cream for dipping. This was quite good! They are a bit filling and a bit heavy being that it is potato and cheese! But they did reheat well back home, and nothing like saving a small to-go bag for later in the evening when one gets hungry again!

The service here is always great, I have never had anything bad to say about the waiters or waitresses. I will say that sometimes the wait can get up to over forty minutes sometimes. The later you go the more likely you will be up in a queue and given one of those devices that flag a party down by flashing when a table is ready for you. If you dont like waiting I recommend going early when it just opens around four or five pm. And below, a silly picture of me!

Candy Recommended 4 / 5 rating!







Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. iCandy - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger