The Old Dragon - Children's Book on Amazon Kindle


The Old Dragon is a short children's story that I originally came up with in my final year of high school. Its was a project for my English class. I cant remember the specific details any longer, but for some reason I went with a whimsical tale about an old dragon and five children depicted as various animals of their own.

Im sure some of the reason I went with animals and fantasy is my love for both of those things. I wish I could look back and discover what might of inspired the moral of the story, but it turned out to be a good one. I turned out the story with some mediocre artwork, not my best work. I imagine I was more concerned with getting the assignment done and out of the way then to spend the time I normally might on my usual artwork.

All the same, I got a decent grade on it, but what surprised me more was when my english teacher told me the schools principal came into her class room and saw my assignment on her desk. The principal apparently flipped through it and decided to take it home to her own children to read to them before bed. This stunned me, but I did not put much  more thought into it.

Later in the year came graduation, but I was leaving before the semester was up and collected my graduation degree early. When I did I found that my story had been submitted for a contest where I won a writers award and a small cash prize! But it wasnt until my husband some years later saw my english assignment and read through it and encouraged me to turn it out again for kindle that I realized it was a small gem of creation that came out of my mind.

So, I got to work! I rewrote the story, keeping to the original tale and text, but I re did all the artwork to something that better matched my talent and the colorful and whimsical feeling of the tale. By the end I came out with a fully self written and illustrated children's book! one I was more proud of.

Thanks to the power of the internet I was able to share it with the world, to many families with children. You can find my book on Amazon Kindle - " The Old Dragon " 

"A charming fantasy tale of kindness and friendship that’s perfect for early readers! Five young animal friends journey into the forest, and find something they didn’t expect!  
The story begins with some animal friends: there’s Swift the falcon, Missy the rabbit, Chase and Steve the dragon brothers, and Baby the unicorn. They decide to adventure into the woods, where they encounter Walt, a lonely old dragon in need of friends. The book is written in a friendly and approachable style with beautiful, hand-painted artwork bringing the story to life for your child. 
The illustrations are bright and cheerful, and are done in Candace Mason’s signature ink, watercolor, and colored pencil mixed-media style. Full of bright and cheerful art and lessons about the rewards of friendship and kindness, this book is perfect for both boys and girls, from approximately ages 3 to 8 (or so). It’ll appeal to any preschool, kindergarten, and other early readers with a love for fantasy and cheerful adventure."

The book features 14 illustrations, some of which are showcased throughout this article. I hope that you enjoy them. If you think your child would enjoy this book, please consider adding it to your Kindle collection.

Click here to see "The old Dragon" in the Kindle store. 

Please leave me your comments, and please leave me a review on Kindle if you and your children enjoyed it :)
Share this article :
 

Post a Comment

 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. iCandy - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger